Pres.: Oil Output W. Karoun River Rises to 300k b/d

president Rouhani told a group of officials in a huge gathering that about seven billion dollars had been invested in projects which resulted in the output increase.

He said his government had lowered dependence on petrodollars to about 30 percent and the remaining 70 percent of its revenues are met mainly through taxes.

“Petrol is a national wealth, belonging both to us and the future generations. Today, we should join hands and help each other remove social problems.”

Referring to his tour of Khouzestan Province to inaugurate several oil production centers there, President Rouhani said investment needs to be made to burn associated gas, which pollute the air.